Last Updated: 10 May 2016
I Love IceCream Ltd. manages a number of apps including MRRMRR, IceCream and Hippo.
Information We Collect
What You Directly Provide Us
For you to create a basic IceCream account, we need to collect a few important details about you: a unique username you’d like to go by, a password, an email address we can contact you at and your phone number. For additional Services beyond the basic IceCream account, we may ask you for additional information. We may collect a debit or credit card number or an image of the card, its associated account information, and any other security-related information. We want you, though, to be in control of your information, so we let you update or correct most of the basic IceCream account information by editing your account settings within IceCream.
What You Automatically Provide Us When You Use Our Services
- Usage Information:We collect information about your activity and the messages you send and receive through our Services. For example, we collect information such as the time, date, sender, recipient of a message, the number of messages you exchange with your friends, which friends you exchange messages with the most, and your interactions with messages (such as when you open a message or capture a screenshot).
- Device Information: We collect information about your device, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers (including MAC address and IMEI), browser type and language, mobile device phone number, and mobile network information. We also collect certain device information that will help us diagnose problems in the (hopefully rare) event you experience any crash or other problem while using our Services. So, for example, if we detect a crash or other problematic event, we may collect the list of apps on your device and other information about your device’s performance at the time of the event for troubleshooting purposes.
- Website Log Information: We collect log file information when you use our websites. That information includes, among other things, your web browser type and language, access times, pages viewed, your IP address, and the website you visited before navigating to our websites.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
If another user allows us to collect information from his or her device phonebook—and you’re one of that user’s contacts—we may combine the information we collect from that user’s phonebook with other information we have collected about you. We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with the information we collect through IceCream.
Information We Collect When You Contact Us
Whenever you have a question for our helpful Support team, just head over to http://support.givemeicecream.com. Of course, when you contact the Support team or communicate with us in any other way, we’ll collect whatever information you volunteer. For instance, if you submit artwork, files, or any other materials to us through our websites, we will collect what you give us.
How We Use Information
What do we do with the information we collect? The short answer is: Provide you with an amazing set of Services that we relentlessly improve. But we do a lot more as well, such as:
- Provide and deliver the products, services, and functionality that you request, process transactions, and send you related information;
- Communicate with you. That means just what it says; we may send you marketing communications on behalf of us or other companies; respond to your comments and questions; provide customer service; and send you technical notices, security alerts, and other informational messages;
- Monitor and analyze trends and usage;
- Develop, improve, and refine products, services, and functionality;
- Personalize the Services by providing advertisements, content, or features that match user profiles or interests. For instance, when you set up an account we may pre-populate certain account information based on the information we collect about you from other users;
- Verify your identify and prevent fraud or other unauthorized or illegal activity; and
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
Where Information Is Processed
IceCream is based in the United Kingdom. Although we welcome IceCream users from all over the world, keep in mind that no matter where you live or where you happen to use our Services, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the United Kingdom and other countries. We want you to know this because the laws of the United Kingdom and those of other countries where your information is processed might not be as comprehensive or protective as laws in the country where you live. And while you’re in another country, know that your information may be made available to government or law enforcement requests.
How We Share Information
Here’s the type of information we may share about you with others and how we do so:
- When you send a message, your recipients will see your username and, of course, whatever your message says or shows (whether that’s a photo, video, text, or transaction). When you view content that another IceCream user has sent you, we will let the sender know that you saw it, and if we detect that you captured a screenshot of the message, we will try to let the sender know that. But you’re always able to tell us whether you’d like to receive messages only from users you have added to your friends list or whether you’d prefer to receive photos from all IceCream users. And if you ever want to delete users from your friends list, block specific users, we let you do that as well through various settings.
- When you let us access your device phonebook, we may share information about you with other users who have your phone number in their device phonebook. For instance, when you use Find Friends, we may share your username and name with other users who use Find Friends and have your phone number in their device phonebook. In these cases, we will not display your phone number to these users, but we will share the fact that your username and name are associated with your phone number.
- When other users view your profile, they will be able to view profile information, including your username, “score” (the total number of messages you have sent and received), a list of the friends you exchange messages with the most (your “Best Friends” list), and, depending on your settings, your name. Similarly, your username may appear in the Best Friends lists of others.
- We may share information about you with service providers who perform services on our behalf.
- With respect to jointly offered Services or functionality or services offered separately by other companies through our Services, we may share information about you with business partners to provide the Services and functionality you request and to communicate with you about those Services;
- We may share information about you in response to legal process or a request for information if we believe disclosure is consistent with, or required by, any applicable law, rule, or regulation; to investigate or remedy potential violations of our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of us, our users, or others; or in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you. Here’s just one example of how this could work: Because it’s not always clear whether a new friend request comes from someone you actually know, we may share whether you and the requestor have IceCream friends in common without disclosing the usernames of those common friends.
The Services may also contain third-party links or be a co-branded or third-party-branded Service that’s being provided jointly with or by another company. By going to those links or by using a co-branded or third-party-branded Service, you may be providing personal information directly to the third party, us, or both. You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for how those third parties collect or use your information. As always, we encourage you to review the privacy policies of every third-party website or service that you visit or use, including those third parties you interact with through our Services.
Analytics and Advertising Services Provided by Others
We don’t direct our Services to anyone under 13. And that’s why we do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under 13.